Old 09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Kay

In article , iamwhatiam
writes
I have some figs in the garden that are very ripe, and sweet and
tastey.

Would the seed be viable to grow ?? How do I seperate the seed from
the pulp ?? What do the seed look like ???

Your figs won't have any seed as the fig wasp which pollinates the fig
doesn't live in this country.

If you want to propagate, you'd do it more easily by air layering.
Scrape the bark a bit, wrap some moist compost around, and secure the
whole lot with clingfilm. When roots have made their way through the
compost and to the clingfilm wrapping, you can prune the branch off and
pot it up as a new plant. Probably a bit late in the season to do it
this year, but it won't do major damage if it doean't work, so you could
give it a go.
--
Kay