Old 09-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Kay

In article , Bertie Doe
writes
I have some some plants of MrFothergill's 'Perpetual Spinach - Leaf Beet'.
I have taken 'perpetual' to mean continious cropping throughout the season,
until (I assume) first frost.

They keep going over the winter, but grow more slowly

Does anyone know whether these plants are perenneal, or will I need to sow
fresh seed in Spring ? TIA.

Biennial. They go to seed in the second year. You can stave it off for a
few weeks by picking out the tough flowering stems as they appear, and
thus extend the cropping of leaves, but only for a few weeks. You will
need to re-seed annually.
--
Kay