Old 09-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Leslie

Hello you lot :-)

I have great fun grafting apple trees and growing apples from seed.
I also much like grafting up family trees, my biggest problem being that
down here in Cornwall I suffer much wind and blight type damage.

And believe it or not the best stock root that I use comes from pips "but"
the tree can be big ,or small these wither and die.

These Red Bramleys were red to crimson all over and of a huge size I must
have one.

Thanks foe all the posts.
....................Leslie

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Leslie" wrote
Can anyone help,
I have seen today my first Red Bramley Apple.

I would like to graft the Bramley to some apple pip stock.

I have done this successfully with other types of apple

However where to find pruning's of the Red Bramley.

I live in SW Cornwall all help gratefully received

Why graft it onto a stock grown from a pip, why not just grow it as a
cutting?
Normal fruit trees are grafted onto dwarfing rootstock, your will grow
into a huge tree.
For a "red" Bramley tree try Brogdale.
Or get another cooker like Arthur Turner with wonderful flowers too.

--
Regards
Bob