Old 09-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

I seem to think however that there may be some truth in it, as I've
never seen
specific cooking apples anywhere else in Europe or the States.

Codling is another cooker. It's a uniform green ripening to pale custard
colour, and waxy. Keeps well if not allowed to ripen before picking.
Divine for baking, and stuffed with sultanas, brown sugar, clove and
cinnamon...

All I know is that Brambly are bugger to pick. Huge high trees and
really large
fruit, so that you have to run up and down the ladder a lot :~(

Yes, if you let them run away with you. Our trees (when I was an
anklebiter) were no more than fifteen feet, with a trunk diameter of
around twelve inches at the bases.

We used to run up and down them in plimsolls.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/