Old 09-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Gene Schurg

Bryan,

I used whatever was on the shelf for the longest time. For a few years I
used DynaGro with good results. Last spring when my DynaGro started running
out I tried some MSU from Ray.

I also got rid of the mealie bugs (specially on my Phals) that popped up
regularly.

Between the two things I see the best healthiest Phals I've ever had. I'm
looking forward to some nice flowers this year.

On my Oncids, Catts, and Paphs they are doing well on the MSU but I can't
see the improvements that I see on the Phals. They look good.

My mounted plants all seem to be making good roots. My Vandaceous stuff has
great looking roots. I can't swear it's the MSU, it could be better
attention this summer. Since I don't keep any records that would show it's
only a guess.

My opinion is MSU is the same price (or cheaper) than the other name brands.
I'm happy with what I've seen to date and will continue using it.

One thing I was concerned about was that it would not dissolve well. I must
say it readily dissolves in water and I've never found any residue in the
bottom of the bucket. I would caution you that you have to keep the bag
tightly closed because it will obsorb moisture from the air very quickly and
you will be left with a salt block. A twist tie solves this problem.

Try it for 6 months and see if you see any change in your plants.

Good Growing,
Gene

"Bryan" wrote in message
Hello:

Anybody using MSU fertilizer care to comment on it's effectiveness etc...

-=Bryan=-