Old 10-10-2005, 03:36 AM
A&G&K&H

Default Tree repair

The wind in Brisbane knocked the top out of one of our ornamental flowering
gums (Corymbia ficifolia x onto a graft - market name is 'Eucalyptus Summer
Beauty') and I'm going to try and see if it can be repaired as the bark /
phloem is intact for about half the stem diameter.
So far, we've cut most of the leaf mass off the broken top, wrapped sticky
bandage around the break and wet a towel around the break and staked the
whole lot for support.
I'm hoping it may callus over as the break is about half-way up the 2m stem.

If it fails, I'll have to chop it back and let it reshoot, but its paired
with another flowering gum in the garden, so I'd like to try and heal it
first.

Any more ideas?
Amanda