Old 10-10-2005, 05:33 AM
B & J

On 2005-10-08 19:24:51 -0400, Persephone said:

Last year I won a small African violet at a luncheon.
I've had it on a side table in bright but indirect light,
fed it, watered it, spoke kindly to it, but zip blooms.

Any suggestions?

Tx

Use Schultz's Bloom (5-30-5) at half recommended strength every two weeks
when you water or something similar that has a low nitrogen number. Keep it
in an east or north window during the summer and a west window during the
winter. African violets do well under a grow light that is left on for
sixteen hours. Small grow lights are available that are especially adapted
for dark corners. Keep it evenly moist but never sopping wet and never keep
it in a cold area. Water it from the bottom to prevent leaf spotting.

John

John