Old 10-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Phalguy

Hello Bryan!

I got mine from AMA plastic, in Canada!

Here`s what they have:

Claude

Thank you for your interest in A.M.A. Plastics Ltd. Are you referring to
the Orchid Special fertilizer developed in conjunction with MSU?

If so, we have two types available:

- one is for well water 19-4-23

- one is for RO (reverse osmosis) water 13-3-15 RO Special

Both are $49.00 per bag + shipping.

If you are interested in ordering, please send us your name, shipping
address and phone/fax number and how many you would like to order. We will
contact you to obtain a credit card payment. We accept Visa and Mastercard.

Best regards,

Connie Bradt

www.amaplas.com

"Bryan" wrote in message
| Thanks for the reply folks. I think I am going to give the MSU a try. It
is
| a bit hard to find in Canada. I did find a source on Ebay, and it is mfg
by
| the "Blackmore Comany", if that means anything.
|
| Ray:
|
| That pic of the Inobulbon munificum. is beautiful and stunning to say the
| least.
|
| Cheers
|

| "Ray" wrote in message
| I have been using the GreenCare RO-water version since April of 2003. It
| is designed to be used at 125 ppm N for continuous feeding (i.e., at
every
| watering). For about the first three- or four months, I used it at about
| half that concentration, but ever since I decided to simply go with the
| stated rate.
|
| Since using it, I see faster growth, larger plants - including phals,
| paphs and phrags with more leaves - and more reliable blooming. Most of
| my vandaceous plants bloom at least twice a year, many three times, when
| they were only annual bloomers previously.
|
| Of most significance to me was the fact that several plants that had
done
| essentially nothing for extended periods of time sprang back to active
| growth several months into this period. For example, I managed to "fry"
| an Encyclia atrorubens when recovering the greenhouse. The pseudobulbs
| were plump and green, but there were no leaves. For close to two years
it
| stayed that way - not desiccating, but no new growth. About two months
| after starting with the fertilizing regime, a new growth sprang to life,
| and it has grown and bloomed reliably ever since. I had a similar
result
| with Inobulbon munificum. It grew very slowly and never carried more
than
| one new pseudobulb to maturity before the last would start to wither,
and
| no blooming. After about a year or so under 'the treatment" it bloomed
| (photo at a.b.p.o), and has been growing bigger each year.
|
| Don't get me wrong. I do not think the MSU stuff is "magic." I
switched
| from using Dyna-Gro "Grow" formula at about 75 ppm N, so a lot of the
| increased vigor could be merely due to increasing the feeding rate. The
| use of the RO formula also saves me from making adjustments. Using D-G
in
| RO gives an exceedingly acidic pH, so it was necessary to make an
| adjustment before feeding, and I did so with Pro-TeKt. With the size of
| my collection, I feed via a dosing pump, and one cannot add "Grow" and
| Pro-TeKt concentrates to the same tank, or all kinds of minerals will
| precipitate. I, therefore, had to have two dosing pumps, monitor the
| outputs of each, and verify the pH of the output.. With the GreenCare
MSU