Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 AM
H Ryder

All I know is that Brambly are bugger to pick. Huge high trees and really
large
fruit, so that you have to run up and down the ladder a lot :~(

I'd second this. We've just cut one down on advice from a surveyor and were
really glad to see it go. It was huge - almost oak like proportions - and
enough apples woudl fall each day to feed a small village. The whole area
smelt like a cider factory. Unless you are planning to make cider or own a
pig I'd get one grafted onto a smaller root stock. What to do with the
apples really did become an issue

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)