Old 10-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message

| nd, I have several neighbours who make cider (commercially) and another
| who has a press...

And, while a Bramley is not a cider apple, it has enough acid and
tannin to make a first-class cider, just on its own.

I used to make cider from any old apples I could lay my hands on, then
lob in a few buckets of crabapples...

It isn't a bad eater, if you like a bit of 'bite' and keep it
for some months.

I like it fresh off the tree. It's an excellent eater as well as the
best cooker ever, IMO of course.

All around, perhaps the best apple ever - which is saying something.

Well, horses for courses. It is certainly up there with the best of them.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/