Old 10-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Rob

Ted Byers wrote:

I wouldn't think if buying 25 pounds. That would keep me in fertilizer for
at least a few decades. But if you're an entreprenuer, perhaps you could
buy a bag or two and resell it in much smaller quantities to fellow orchid
growers. That is exactly what the vendor from whom I bought mine did.

I can't imagine why customs would prevent a Canadian from buying fertilizer
from an American. After all, we're best of buddies, right? ;-)

Actually it is far cheaper if you buy 40 bags... But I can't imagine
most people wanting to do that. I think 4 or 5 dollars for a pound of
fertilizer is a reasonably good deal. Sure it is cheaper in bulk, but
if you aren't going to use it, it doesn't make sense.

If you do buy a big bag, consider dividing it up into 1 or two pound
increments when you first open it. I like the plastic deli containers
(16 oz or 32 oz), with a lid. I get mine at GFS. It will keep a lot
longer in sealed containers than in the big plastic bag. And if you
get too many deli containers, you can turn them into semi-hydro pots!

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1