Old 10-10-2005, 05:46 PM
JennyC

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades writes:
| The message
| from "H Ryder" contains these words:
|
| I'd second this. We've just cut one down on advice from a surveyor and

were
| really glad to see it go. It was huge - almost oak like proportions - and
| enough apples woudl fall each day to feed a small village. The whole area
| smelt like a cider factory. Unless you are planning to make cider or own

| pig I'd get one grafted onto a smaller root stock. What to do with the
| apples really did become an issue
|
| I wish I had that problem.
|
| nd, I have several neighbours who make cider (commercially) and another
| who has a press...

And, while a Bramley is not a cider apple, it has enough acid and
tannin to make a first-class cider, just on its own.

It isn't a bad eater, if you like a bit of 'bite' and keep it
for some months.

The ones at the top of the tree always got more sun and turned quite red at
times. I used to keep the best one of the day to eat :~))

Jenny

All around, perhaps the best apple ever - which is saying something.
Regards,
Nick Maclaren.