Old 10-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Rod Craddock

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
With the present summer temperatures and lack of rainfall here and
only watering cans to water everything there is no chance of us
growing tall peas like yours. To think we used to grow 3 or 4
varieties.
Onions like it though. :-)

Just noticed another oops ;~) The first picture is the Hurst
Greenshaft - closer to the camera than the Alderman in the other 2
pics.
Perhaps I should explain about the water supply. It's the Estate's
private supply from a spring that's never been known to dry up in the
6 or 7 centuries that there's been a house here. It runs into an
underground reservoir in the Deerpark and what isn't used in the Hall,
Gardens and farms overflows into a small stream that ends up in the
Dee estuary about half a mile away. That overflow is always running
even in dry year like 1976 so we are extremely fortunate. Oh - and it
makes a lovely cup of tea ;-)
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.