Old 11-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Dwayne

If I had that problem I would lay down some top soil, sand, and compost and
mix it altogether, at about 1/3, 1/3, 1/3. You could make as deep as you had
materials for and for as long as you could put up with that much work.
Otherwise I would build raised beds and fill them with that same mixture.

Dwayne

"meee" wrote in message
hello everyone, Does anyone here know what to do with thick, red, clay
soil?? I am dying to start a vegie patch, and so far I've weeded, put down
newspapers with dry leaves on top to kill the weeds, but I wouldn't have a
clue apart from that. I remember seeing something on clay soils on
Gardening
Australia, but I was living in a sandy, acid area then and didn't write it
down. Any help would be really appreciated.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway