Old 11-10-2005, 02:10 AM
GreenieLeBrun

meee wrote:
hello everyone, Does anyone here know what to do with thick, red, clay
soil?? I am dying to start a vegie patch, and so far I've weeded, put down
newspapers with dry leaves on top to kill the weeds, but I wouldn't have a
clue apart from that. I remember seeing something on clay soils on Gardening
Australia, but I was living in a sandy, acid area then and didn't write it
down. Any help would be really appreciated.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Gypsum is usually used to help break down clay, but there are other
methods as well.
Look at:-
http://www.agric.nsw.gov.au/reader/s...asier-work.htm