Old 11-10-2005, 12:05 PM
JennyC

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
Visit your local greengrocer, who is often only too pleased to give you
lots of stuff to take away. Add cardboard, newsprint, hedge clippings
(if any), and even take in stuff from gardenproud neighbours who must
have a 'clinicly clean and tidy' garden.

Egg boxes, comfrey, weeds, leaves ... When I feel my compost needs a
bit more I collect from my allotment's skip. It's crazy the amount of
stuff people just throw away.

I'm gonna experiment this year with an open compost, just a pile of
weed on the lotty and I'll grow nasturtium on it. I saw a pile like
this once and it was so pretty. I just hope it won't harden too much.
Anyone did this?

Make a 'container' by knocking a few stakes in the ground and surrounding it
with chicken wire.
Make a couple and rotate the compost
Takes a bit longer than regular wooden or plastic containers, but does work
Jenny