Old 11-10-2005, 05:05 PM

bees pollinating are HAPPY bees. they wont do anything and wont sting unless you sit
on them. however, I would strongly encourage you to plant dwarf apples on
appropriate dwarfing rootstock for your area. buying cheap dwarf and lousy rootstock
leads to dead trees in 3-4 years.

apples need to be sprayed periodically. apples that drop and/or rot will attract
sweet wasps and they might not be overly friendly. all dropped or rotted apples must
be picked up and removed. and if you got neighbors with big ass apple trees with
rotted scarred lousy fruit, forget it. they are a breeding ground for all the
diseases that will attack your apples. Ingrid

Whenever I wanted to grow apples on my property, my neighbors would tell me
I am risking an explosion in bee population. I am worried about that, since
I have kids. How do you professionals get around this issue?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE