Old 11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Connor T

Default Identifying apple

Hi,

We've just gained a huge apple tree and were wondering how to tell what
it is.

It's well laden with fruit, from those we tried about a month ago we
assumed it was just a cooker of some sort as they were very sour,
however now they've gone red and sweetened up a bit, and now edible (
altho not in my gf's opinion! ) Granny smith was suggested.. The
fruits are average sized, some quite large, but they're the exception -
this also something hinting it's not your average cooker??

Also, it's going to get a big prune this winter, any recommendations as
to when, and how best to improve fruiting in coming years?

Rgds,
Dan