Old 11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Rod Craddock

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Funny that, when my old farming relatives were alive they had a well
to supply all the water to the house and farmyard whereas the rest
of the village, Wardington, Oxon, were on mains. Some of the older
locals used to come into the farmyard to fill their kettles with the
well water in order to make tea.

The bad news is - our spring water comes out of limestone and it's
*hard*, so much so that my wife descales the kettle at least once a
week. Also for some time we've suspected most liquid feeds don't give
the results they should but this year we've been using 'Peter's'
commercial feeds formulated for hard water and we're seeing much
better pot plants (Cyclamen and Streptocarpus in particular), though
some of that will be down to the good basic husbandry given by my new
assistant.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.