Old 11-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Emery Davis

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:05:32 -0400
"madgardener" wrote:

] The proper name so you can look it up is Robinia (Fabaceae) hispida. the
] common names are rose acacia, bristly locust. It will get between six foot
] to ten foot tlal, hardy from zones 5-8, originates from the

These are gorgeous. Here they are all grafted either on either
rootstock or whip of what we call common acacia, Robinia pseudo-
acacia I suppose. We had one on haute-tige that got quite big,
and then the entire grafted crown blew off the tree. Very disappointing
as it would flower twice and everything. It stood as a stick for 1 year
and then positively exploded with growth, an has now reformed a
large crown. I'd love to try again, but perhaps I should be looking
for a non-grafted specimen?

-E

--
Emery Davis