Old 12-10-2005, 03:19 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Bourne Identity wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:41:32 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In _your_ tradition.
In mine, human and animal spirits are separate.
Cruelty to animals still builds bad Karma (and payback) and the 3 fold
law is worse than anything you could possibly come up with. ;-)
If he is truly killing for "sport", not for culling, that is wrong. If I
kill to protect my flock and the gods see fit to punish me for it, so be
it...

What is your tradition? I guess with a three fold law, it is some
form of paganism? That's fine. However, Buddhists do not believe in a
god, we are basically considered atheist. We don't believe in
punishment. We believe in cause and effect, and the Sanskrit word,
"karma" means "action." The law of cause and effect. IT's not
punishment.

lol Buddhism is a pan-theistic religeon.

And nothing in the bible ever said that Christ was a vegetarian.

I didn't say he was vegetarian. I said he wouldn't kill for any of
the reasons you gave.

Your wierd.

And impractical...

I hope you never own any poultry.
You'd let racoons and possums eat them all because it was "wrong" to
kill them. If you trap them, it's illegal to relocate them. They are
supposed to be destroyed.
--
Om.