Old 12-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Cindy

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:13:19 GMT, "Cindy" wrote:

It was somewhere in California, don't recall which city; but they
have problems with cougars preying on children there too. Cougars
and grizzly bears in Montana, though I haven't heard that they GOT
any. Children, that is. They have killed and eaten the occasional
backpacker or stupid tourist, though...

So, you are advocating we kill all animals which are potentially
dangerous? You are also very disrespectful, so it doesn't surprise
me to hear of your flippant attitude where the life of an animal is
concerned. Voted for Bushie, did ya?

You asked where a coyote had ever killed a child. I answered as much as I
can remember, and added a few other instances where predators have killed or
stalked children or people. I'd suggest if you really care, you should do
some research.....

Nothing was said by anyone about killing all predators.

However, if my brother wants to kill off some of the coyotes that kill his
calves AND get some enjoyment out of it, more power to him. Coyotes make
great target practice, and he used to make a few bucks off the pelts too,
though I don't believe he skins them out anymore, as the verminous beasts
have been found to carry bubonic plague. (You could probably Google that
too, if you're interested.)

Carnivores eat meat, so there's no surprise. Have you checked the
Sudan lately, where people are dying by the tens of thousands per
week? They are overpopulated, should we go in and start shooting
them, or worse, for sport kill them with our snowmobiles? What's
that about?

Mother Nature is taking care of that for us.

How nice. My explanation about Buddhist thought is crap, but you
believe in something called "Mother Nature." What exactly is mother
nature?

Actually, I'd describe your "explanation" of Buddhism as more wacked-out
than anything.

Do you always act dense to find a new topic to argue about? 'Mother
Nature' is a kind and anthropomorphic way of referring to natural selection.
As in, only the strongest, swiftest or smartest survive. And it's not NICE
to fool Mother NATURE.....

LOL