Old 12-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Lar

In article ,
says...
"[snip].com" admin@[snip] .com wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am the webmaster of [snip]. I created this public
forum for people to discuss mosquito control issues, and hopefully
bridge some of the gaps between the vast technical knowledge of the
scientific community and the plain English that the public can easily
understand.

Leon Y.
Webmaster of [snip].com

Are you trying to plug a website? or actually tell us what products you've
tried.

Anyone who is able to use stand upright with out dragging their knuckles and
can use Google.com can find out what works well in controlling mosquitoes.
Heck just calling the local vector control or water district will work as
well.

For the lazy, here's a summary
1: reduce standing water
Reduce the standing water for breeding purposes, though the majority of
yards I treat for mosquito issues have no water problems at all, just a
shady area for the insects to hide from the heat.

2: introduce mosquito fish to ponds
Do so knowing they will feed on most aquatic life in the ponds such as
dragonfly/damselfly nymphs frog eggs-small tadpoles and fry of desirable
fish. They also breed quickly and unless there is a population of a
predator fish their numbers can get out of control.

3: use mosquito dunks or mosquito bits in ponds and ditches
they will effect other aquatic insects such as dragonfly/damselfly
nymphs

4: use mosquito magnets, which use an attractant and carbon dioxide to lure
mosquito into the traps.

still seems to be too much money for the lack of results. I would bet
95% of my "mosquito" customers have had the various models and took them
back or have them sitting unused from dissatisfaction.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS