Old 12-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i sowed a batch of carrot seed yesterday, & discovered this morning a
certain dog (ahem) has been frolicking in the ground where i sowed them.
seedlings theoretically should appear within about 10 days, so now i'm not
sure if he's ruined the potential crop but waiting 10+ days to find out for
sure seems a bit silly if i'll just need to do it again anyway. it's not
been dug up, kicked out & made an absolute mess of, but i daresay there's
been enough disruption that potentially most of them won't grow as the seed
will now be too deep; but having not grown carrots before, i have no idea!
where it was smooth, there are now a variety of hills and footprints 10cm
high/deep, if that gives you an idea.

I'm a bit of an experimenter, and I'd be inclined to smooth it out and leave
it. The seeds would not have sent out any roots yet, so it's quite likely
they'd be fine, if scattered.

Mind you, I have a very low success rate with carrots!

Nice to see you again,

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.