Old 12-10-2005, 01:13 PM
madgardener

"Bill" wrote in message
In article , says...
thanks Hal! g (no, the hummers didn't tell me anything. I watched them
snapping up teeny little fliers and supping all spring and summer on my
flowers. I never put any nectar or sugarwater out for them this year.
they
gleaned every drop they could from everything around my gardens, and
before
I could make up any supplimental sugar water for them, they were gone.
and
this year was the first year I've had so many! I based this on previous
year's when I'd only increase the sugar in October just before they left
for
the South American regions for winter. ) thanks for clearing this up
madgardener

Hi Maddy. Sounds like it might be an early winter. How're your wooly
bears looking?

Bill

haven't seen the wooly bears yet. Last year they were one
color........brown. Been watching for them, though. With the early snow in
Colorado makes me wonder if we'll HAVE a winter this year, or if it will
rain all season. I'd actually welcome some snows! When I spot the woolies,
I'll let ya' know.
maddie