Old 12-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Rolland Everitt

Personally, I would just leave it to decompose. The worst of the stench
should be gone in a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't touch it--it may have died of rabies.

"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
"Alan" wrote in message
Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I have a dead raccoon trapped under my deck. Problem is that it is in
location I can't reach unless I tear the deck apart. I have no
problem
letting it decompose naturally but the stench is bad and I am worried
about
disease.

I can see it through the cracks in the deck and can pour liquid or
powder
(maybe) on the carcass.

Any suggestions as to what I can do would be greatly appreciated as I
am
trying to avoid tearing
apart the deck.

Thanks.

Alan

I have a tool that is handy for such tasks. I took the 10' fiberglass
pole from a bicycle flag, removed the flag, and hose clamped a hook made
of some brass rod (approx 1/8") to the end. Allows me to reach into
lots of places.

--
Rich Greenberg Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321
6507