Old 12-10-2005, 03:10 PM
J Jackson

Brian --- 'flayb' to respond wrote:

: My all time favourite is Court Pendu Plat~~Brought by the Romans~~but
: will not grow for me.[flowers in June]

I have C.P.P. growing as an espalier. I'm not sure about June, but
certainly it is by far the latest flowerer I have, and in years when other
apples are flowering early CPP has nothing to pollinate it. This year hard
weather compressed the apple blossom period and it got pollinated!
I have to say, I have not been impressed with the few previous apples I've
had off the tree - but later this year I'll have a proper test.

: Apples grown in Sweden are pathetic and resemble our June-drop at best.
: They still use them!

I have a July drop (Wakefield/Leeds Yorkshire, at just under 400ft), no
doubt the swedes being even more north have a sept/oct drop :-)