Old 12-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Brian

"J Jackson" wrote in message
Brian --- 'flayb' to respond wrote:

: My all time favourite is Court Pendu Plat~~Brought by the

Romans~~but
: will not grow for me.[flowers in June]

I have C.P.P. growing as an espalier. I'm not sure about June, but
certainly it is by far the latest flowerer I have, and in years when other
apples are flowering early CPP has nothing to pollinate it. This year hard
weather compressed the apple blossom period and it got pollinated!
I have to say, I have not been impressed with the few previous apples I've
had off the tree - but later this year I'll have a proper test.

It doesn't begin to ripen before Christmas. You will know 'when' as
the perfume is strong. CPP only really grows well in the best apple
counties. Herts. was the best I've known but Hereford and Shrops. should
equal.
Best Wishes Brian

:
: