Old 12-10-2005, 07:02 PM
gentlegreen

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

If you are in the habit of putting whole legs of lamb or chickens
on the heap, you will attract foxes. Possibly cats and rats as
well, but definitely foxes.

well ......

Years ago when I had cats, once they managed to bring home a large cooked
joint of meat. I couldn't see how they could possibly have got it over the
fence. I thought it a bit odd so put it straight in the compost heap.
Another time it was a whole racing pigeon !

Talking about such beliefs, we haven't had anyone claim recently
that a pyramidal shaped compost bin works better than a cylindrical
one. It's the energy flows, you know.

Presumably you would want to make a really big pyramid with a compost
tumbler in the "hot spot" ;-)