Old 12-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Mike Lyle
writes

I'm sure we've done this before, but I'm absent-minded as well as
curious.

Why do you need to buy worms? Doesn't Mother Nature provide round
your way? Presumably it isn't a matter of NZ flatworms, as you've
found corpses.

Earthworms aren't bradlings are they?

No. Brandlings like higher humus. But they are there (whether as worms
or coccoons I'm not sure), just waiting for a dose of rotting vegetation
to start breeding.

I do have them in my large compost
bins but I need them there. The ones in the wormery just seem to
disappear, but I have no idea where. I've followed all the instructions.

In that case, the conditions aren't right. If the conditions are right,
they rapidly breed.

--
Kay