Old 13-10-2005, 12:10 AM
A&G&K&H

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"A&G&K&H" wrote:

The wind in Brisbane knocked the top out of one of our ornamental

flowering
gums (Corymbia ficifolia x onto a graft - market name is 'Eucalyptus

Summer
Beauty') and I'm going to try and see if it can be repaired as the bark

/
phloem is intact for about half the stem diameter.

snip
Any more ideas?

None -- but good luck! I have a Summer Beauty and I love it.

We've got the Summer Red as well, and there's a newer one thats got magenta
flowers ..... but at the moment I can't fit it into the garden .... unless I
want to give up my "reserved" space for the waratah I'm planning on
acquiring at some point in time
We did get a similar tree that is supposed to have orange flowers but its
not from the same bunch that do the Summer x series ... its never flowered
and is developing waaay beyond the 2 m specimen promised on the tag (and its
not comming off the graft). ...maybe I could sacrifice that one .......
Our Summer Red is flowering now (early), but it looks like we won't be
getting too many Summer Beauty flowers this year

Amanda