Old 13-10-2005, 02:41 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Bourne Identity wrote:

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:11:41 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

In article ,
Bourne Identity wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:19:31 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

lol Buddhism is a pan-theistic religeon.

Tibetan Buddhists do not believe in god the creator. Sorry. The
deities involved in Buddhism are realized beings who have been
enlightened, the way Buddha Shakyamuni was, and every sentient being
has the same exact potential...and that would include animals.

I see you don't know what pan-theistic means...

No, I don't. We don't use such words in Buddhism. Sorry about that. I
did give you a definition.

Pan meaning "all".
Buddhists essentially worship _everything_.
Nothing wrong with that, but it can be carried to extremes IMHO!

I hope you never own any poultry.
You'd let racoons and possums eat them all because it was "wrong" to
kill them. If you trap them, it's illegal to relocate them. They are
supposed to be destroyed.

If I ever had poultry, they'd have a secure area where there would be
no possiblity of a predator coming in contact with them.

Good.

But then they can't be "natural".
Isn't that a sin?

BTW, do you kill cockroaches and houseflies, or rats?
Or do you let vermin over-run your house because it's wrong to kill them?

No, I don't kill anything. Not rats, roaches, housefiles or other
things. We just last night rescued a baby gecko from my closet and
placed it gently outside. We've taken roaches outside from inside and
rats are kept away from the house by good sanitation, and a large
brush pile at the back of the property, where we also feed the birds.

Geckos and birds are not vermin.
Housflies and cockroaches (and rats and mice) carry disease.

It's people like you that cause plagues!
--
Om.