Old 12-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Kathy

Default Ripening late tomatoes - comparison

After the posts last week, I tried hanging half the tomato plants
upside-down in the garage and picking the green tomatoes from the rest to
set on the kitchen counter to ripen. So far both are ripening equally well -
very well, actually. From now on, though, I'll stick with the countertop
method because it's easy and neat. It's work to drag a forty pound tomato
plant indoors and tie it to the ceiling. There's a trail of green tomatoes
from the garden to the garage. The garage looks like a wild west lynching
with tomatoes and leaves all over the floor. That was interesting, but more
work than it was worth.

Kathy