Old 13-10-2005, 02:22 AM
gentlegreen

"Richard Brooks" wrote in message
gentlegreen wrote:

One phenomenon I routinely observe is that worms are forever climbing up
the inside of my plastic bin and gathering under the rim of the cover.

That should be okay though, shouldn't it. Hold on! Are birds landing on
the lid ? Worms come to the surface if there's vibration as they think
it's raining. It's even an English competition to collect the most worms
by beating on the grass.

We don't get many birds where I live :-(

I suppose it could be the unfamiliar acoustics of a plastic bin ..... quite
an achievement for worms to manage to climb up the sides though ...

It's a bit unfortunate as some of them tend to fall off when you lift the
lid - hopefully they find their way back in ....