Old 12-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Fred Garvin

Default Epsom Salts???

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:51:28 -0500, Abra Myers wrote:

Hi everyone,
I recently heard that if I spray my phalaenopsis with a mixture of Epsom
Salts and water that it will cause my plant to spike. Has anyone heard of
this or has anyone ever tried it? If so, then what is the ratio the salt
and water? Does it work on other kinds of orchids too? I haven't tried
it yet because I'm not sure if it is a good idea. Thanks! Abra

Just use a good fertilizer and you'll be all set. Epson salts just adds
Magnesium and I've seen no decent proof it does much to any plant. It's
safe to use but really doesn't do much. 1 teaspoon per gallon is what they
say to use. I don't waste my time with it.