Old 13-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:50:46 +0100, "Patrick E. King"
wrote:

Anybody got recommendations on getting rid of wasps.
It appears they have a nest in the attic.
I can't actually see the nest but every time I spray up some wasp killer
there are a few dead ones lying on the attic floor next morning.
I know my question is not directly gardening related but I hope the garden
experts in here will have some advice as I'm sure it must be a common
problem for them also.

I also have a wasps nest in my attic.
My local council wanted £52 to deal with it. I only discovered it a
few weeks ago. The Council guy pointed out to me that the nest had
obviously been there all summer. He said that soon the workers would
die and that the queen will fly away and hibernate and that they never
return to the same nest.
I my loft I can see a ghostly white shape, like a paper lamp-shade. I
was told there is a spray but I would need to go up a ladder to do so.
No Way!
I am finding quite a few very dopey wasps in the house (don't know how
they get in as I am keeping windows shut on that side of the house.
What we need I think is a few cold nights. So far I've only had one
sting, on picking up a pot in the garden with a sleepy wasp on it!

Pam in Bristol