Old 13-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Doug Kanter

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
Can someone post a recipe for a (preferably organic) drench to pour
through the pots of houseplants that have been outside all summer, to
prevent bringing wildlife into the house?

Would it also be suitable for spraying on the leaves for the same
purpose?

Thanks. vince norris

For anything living in the leaves, use a strong, fine spray from your garden
hose, being sure to spray from all angles as well as underneath. For
critters living in the soil, soak with a pyrethrin-based product, wait a
day, then flush with fresh water. I can't give you a specific brand name
because I don't do this because I don't use anything like that. Read the
label very carefully - IIRC, pyrethrin will kill fish and/or bees, so watch
where the stuff drains.

One hazard in soaking the soil is that there won't be enough light indoors
for the soil to dry. A plant that'll survive a soaking outdoors may suffer
from the extra moisture indoors.