Old 13-10-2005, 10:12 AM
dusty

"nigel savage" wrote in
oups.com:

I wrote several months ago about fertilizing some orchids because I
wanted to attempt some tissue culture techniques etc. I now have two
seed pods, one from a phal NOID (but looks great) and a dend NOID which
also looks great (hence propagation). My question is, it has no been
close to 6 months since the pods are fertilized, they both grew very
fast and have been in what can only be described a dormant stage, with
nothing happening. They are both still green on their respective
spikes and I was expecting them to start turning brown or something
soon.
Can anyone tell me please what I should be expecting as far as when is
the right time to visually asses the 'ripeness' of the pods?

Absolutely any help would be wonderful as I would hate to open up a pod
with immature seedlings.

Thanks!

Nigel

This may help you