Old 13-10-2005, 10:49 AM
BAC

"Patrick E. King" wrote in message
Anybody got recommendations on getting rid of wasps.
It appears they have a nest in the attic.
I can't actually see the nest but every time I spray up some wasp killer
there are a few dead ones lying on the attic floor next morning.
I know my question is not directly gardening related but I hope the garden
experts in here will have some advice as I'm sure it must be a common
problem for them also.

It's probably not worth doing anything about it now, because winter should
soon do the job for you. However, it might be a good idea to watch and
locate the wasp's access points to the roof space, if they're still active.

Then, towards the end of winter by which time the nest should be abandoned,
get someone to go up in the roof space, locate it and remove it. You can
then block off the access points, to reduce the risk of future
colonisations, (if they've set up shop behind some rotten timber fascia or
soffit, you should remove and replace the rotting timber) and perhaps
fumigate (very carefully!) the roof space to kill off any hibernating queen
wasps up there.

If you absolutely have to get rid of an active wasp's nest, in an awkward
location, on safety grounds, I'd recommend you call in a professional.