Old 13-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Richard Brooks

Default Identifying apple

newsb wrote:
In article , newsb
writes

I've no idea what variety it is but it seems to be a very late
ripening cooker - but quite sweet for a cooker. The fruit is mainly
green and the apples are mainly average eater size. The flesh is firm
and incredibly white. All in all, excellent fruit.)

Forgot to mention that the guy we bought the house from said it was a
very old english var. - but didn't know the name. Crops a lot. He was
a gardener/son of the local farmer who originally owned the house as a
tied cottage. Not sure what to conclude from that

Maybe you could try the HDRA (Henry Doubleday Research Association) who
are trying to keep a lot of these old species going ?

They have a little magazine and people share tips so there might be an
old soul who knows the apple you're talking about.

Richard.