Old 13-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Patrick E. King

Default Getting rid of Wasps Nests

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Patrick E. King" contains these words:
"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Patrick E. King wrote:

Anybody got recommendations on getting rid of wasps.

At this time of year it isn't worth the effort, unless they are
becoming a
nuisance by entering your living space.

It appears they have a nest in the attic.

Live and let live. They will go away pretty soon now.

I'd love to live and let live. Believe me I take absolutely no pleasure
in
killing them but I have to live with *her indoors* and she needs regular
access to the loft!
Patrick

How come you've (she's) only just noticed it then?

snip

About two weeks ago she mentioned that she had seen two or three circling
the light in the loft while she was up there.
I went up...had a look... saw two or three but no sign of a nest.
(Incidentally, what does a wasp nest look like?)
Taking no chances I sprayed some insecticide and found about a dozen dead
some hours later.
It's just gone on like this ever since with smaller numbers of fatalities.
Patrick