Old 13-10-2005, 07:32 PM
gentlegreen

Default how do I kill worms in my lawn

"motorhomes4sale" wrote in
message ...

Paul D.Smith Wrote:
To put it in differently, without the worms your lawn will compact and
then
start to hold water. Moss will move in and the grass will die. Your
beautiful lawn will look like a patch of dying mud, which is what it
will
be.

Leave the worms alone and if the casts offend you, buy a lawn broom
and
spread them around. Failing that the best solution is to give up on
the
lawn altogether because without worms it won't be worth the trouble.

Paul DS.

so how do the sports managers keeps bowling greens looking great
without worms ?

With a lot of preparation and effort :-

I found this :-

http://www.valebowlingclub.co.uk/bow...aintenance.htm

I'd guess you could apply some of the techniques and approach the effect you
want without slaughtering the gardener's best friend (allowing the worms to
do some of the work)
If you really want purely ornamental rather than useable lawn you'd probably
want to start by re-laying it and choosing finer, slow growing grass
varieties.

Personally I prefer my grasses 2 inches in diameter and 15 feet tall :-)