Old 14-10-2005, 12:33 AM
motorhomes4sale motorhomes4sale is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebright
when i logged on and saw this i thought omg this will get the gang going....and you did nt let me down !!!!
I registered a few days ago to ask this serious question, I thought everybody would be as interested as me in killing the worms in there lawns. The worm casts they produce look a right mess. Several of you are telling me to brush the worm cast out with a broom, but how do you do this when this time of the year they are just wet mud. Am I supposed to dry them out first with a hair dryer and them brush them out. I have managed to remove alot of the worms from my lawn by watering it with water with washing up liquid in it, they always come to the surface when I do this (think the soap gets in there eyes) and I can dispose of them, however I could do this every week and get over a hundred every time. What I need is a product that will kill the worm eggs. I know Carbaryl would do the job but you cant buy it anymore, but I have just found out that dog flea shampoo contains a percentage of carbaryl so im going to try that this week, I know it will bring the worms up the same as washing up liquid and I am hoping the small percentage of carbaryl will kill the worm eggs.
I will let you know if this is a succesful way of getting rid of worms as I am sure some of you may want to try it.