Old 13-10-2005, 09:33 PM
William Wagner

Default New Zone 4 Gardener Needs Help

In article .com,
"Guppas" wrote:

I just put in a bunch of perennials, with little knowledge of what I'm
doing and I need some general advice for the rapidly approaching
winter.

The plants I have are things like phlox, tickseed, blanket plant, some
kind of chocolate plant (named apparently for the color of it's
leaves), etc. What do I do with these things for winter? Should I cut
them down and cover them with mulch? Leave the foliage and cover them
with mulch? Just forget them until spring?

All of them are supposed to be hardy for zone 4, if that makes any
different. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Walk about your neighborhood ask questions.

Talk.

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA in a Japanese Jungle Manner.39.6376 -75.0208
Sam Adams-- "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"