Old 14-10-2005, 12:37 AM
de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

Default Brinnging houseplants indoors ???

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote in message
.. .
vincent p. norris wrote:
Can someone post a recipe for a (preferably organic) drench to pour
through the pots of houseplants that have been outside all summer, to
prevent bringing wildlife into the house?

Would it also be suitable for spraying on the leaves for the same
purpose?

Thanks. vince norris

Don't sweat it; you're not likely to bring anything bad into the house. If
they are OK outside, they'll be OK inside. We bring our semi-torpicals in
from outside every fall, and haven't had any serious problems - well,
maybe fruit flies are serious, my wife ceratinly thinks so, but I don't.
Besides, they usually come in with the bananas. :-) Bring the pots in, and
watch for insect infestation. Treat accordingly (NB that pyrethrum is bad
stuff, and the artificial pesticides made from it or mimicking its
chemistry are about the same.)

HTH

How do you get rid of the GIANT spiders who have set up housekeeping in and
around the plant? In Indiana I've actually seen spiders you could put a
saddle on and I don't want them in my house. They don't have to *DIE*, they
just need to move. Do you tack an eviction notice to the pot and wait 30
days?