Old 13-10-2005, 10:48 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Winter cover for bare soil

In article ,
Bourne Identity wrote:

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:12:11 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

I have a question... Do you have dogs? Cats?

I had two cats and a dog and they all passed away in 2000. However,
before that I rarely had trouble with fleas because of a few things.
My cats were not outdoor cats, and Ozzy Dog was fed nothing but the
best food, as well as using Missing Link for both the cats and the
dog. We also fed the dog brewers yeast and we never had a flea
problem.

Do you treat them for fleas or do you just let the fleas do what comes
naturally and make your animals miserable?

We have a Macaw now and I cook for her special food she needs for her
diet, as well as pellets, special bread with crushed eggshells in it
for calcium, and seeds. She doesn't have mites because she gets a
shower daily and is fed a healthy diet, has no stress in her little
life and is treated very well. I would never consider making an
animal miserable for any reason.

Do you treat your dogs for heartworms?

We did.

If you have chickens and they get mites and/or lice (often carried in by
wild birds so takes annual prevention), are you going to treat or let
your birds be parasite ridden?

I don't have chickens.

What about annual worming for roundworms and tapeworms?

No, I never did annual worming because they never had worms. I would
bring a stool sample for that and in all 15 years for the animals
lives, they never had worms.

Now be careful! If you admit to treating your pets for parasites, I'll
call you a hypocrite as you will finally have to admit that even _you_,
the religious fanatic, have your limits.

I'm not a religious fanatic, that's your limitation on who I am. You
can call me a hypoctrite if you want, no problem. I know who I am and
it's of no consequence what you think of me. You don't need to be a
religious fanatic to know right from wrong.

That was the entire point of this whole discussion!
I kill rats that over run my yard and do untold property damage.

Cindy's brother kills coyotes that eat his cattle.

That does not make US bad people either!
You seemed to infer that it did and it was unfair.

If you do NOT treat your animals for parasites, I'll accuse you of
animal cruelty and negligence!

Okay. It won't get you anywhere since that is not happening, but okay
anyway.

You killed heartworms. ;-)

Do you care to answer this?

Not particularly, but I did because I'm a decent person.

So are we.

I think we can end this now.

Cheers!

--