Old 14-10-2005, 06:41 AM
GreenieLeBrun

Default help!! washing machine smells funny!!

meee wrote:
wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 03:53:35 GMT, "meee" wrote:

Hi, can i ask for some advice? i have a 10 yr old asko front loader, had
some bits replaced about 2 years back by the service people, but now

it's
got a really bad electrical/burny smell when it spins. not all the time,
just occasionally, and it's still working...for now. I can't afford a

new
one, or to have it fixed even right now, and as we just moved, i have no
friends or family with machines. does anyone have any ideas, or

experience
with these machines?

Spray it with Rogor.

well, i was thinking of trying some windex....but seriously, what's rogor? a
pesticide or a fungicide??

A systemic (this means it is taken up by the plant and cirulates in the
sap) insecticide active against sap sucking and leaf eating insects. It
can be used on vegies but has a longer withholding period (ie you
cannot eat the vegies for a longer period) than do non-systemic
insecticides such as pyrethrum, dipel, carbyral etc.