Old 14-10-2005, 06:45 AM
Cindy

Default Winter cover for bare soil

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:49:19 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
wrote:

The coyotes were killing his cattle.
It was his right to control a predator problem.

You basically had no case.

Cheers!

She didn't say that in the beginning.

I wasn't talking to you. I was replying to Katra, who understood exactly
where I was coming from.

She said it like it was
something he actually looks forward to with bloodlust.

He does look forward to it. It's called *hunting,* (not to be confused with
murder and bloodlust.) Many people enjoy it, whether hunting for meat or to
control predators.

At least
that's how I saw it. I may have been wrong, but I still stand by my
original intention. It's very bad karma to be boastful about killing.
I wasn't trying to have a case. Maybe you understand where I am
coming from, maybe not.

I don't care where you're coming from.

I eat meat every day, kill every mosquito that lands on me, poison fireants
regularly to keep them out of my yard and trap the mice in my garage.
I feed rats to my snakes and crickets to my lizards because that's what they
*eat.* They can't survive on salad.
My dogs eat dry food made from meat, and I cook them a lovely ground chicken
mixture, because dogs are not vegetarians.
When I lived home on the farm, I shot gophers and coyotes, killed millions
of houseflies with bait traps and poisoned lots of mice.
We all do what we're taught and what we consider necessary to protect our
livelihood and quality of life, and I doubt anyone is thrilled be told
they're wrong, bad, heinous murderers for doing it.