Old 13-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Visiting EDEN 2006?

"JennyC" wrote in message

"An Oasis" wrote
JennyC Wrote:
Hi
We would like to visit the Eden project next spring sometime.
Anyone down that way like to give us a hint of what the weathers
usually like at
the end of March??
Cold - wet - sunny ??

Is it also very busy at that time of year?
TIA
Jenny

Not sure about the weather. But take no notice of any publicity or
their website. Phone for opening/closing times. Take your own food!

OK, so when is the best time plant wise to go (inside and out)?
We can dress for the weather :~))
Jenny

Recently had a group of their gardeners here to talk Clematis and was
chatting about the outside bits which seem to have come on a lot since the
start. My impression was they now have quite a number of very enthusiastic
and talented gardeners working there (which must be good!) March is a good
time in Cornwall if you like Camellias, Rhodo's and Magnolia's however my
favourite time is definitely September I just love the big Fuchsia's like
boliviana and the Tibouchina's Cassia's etc. As to weather its always wet
and cold (or potentially so)regardless of when you come, so come when it
suits you, you could have a cracking few days or end up with webbed feet, no
way of knowing :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk