Old 14-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] timber training boxes

I have used standard 1" x 4" fir or pine lumber for building training boxes.
I have had a number of these in service for over five years and no problem
with them rotting away. I can detect some rot progressing on the inside
surface on some of them, but they are still good for a few more years.

One of the other guys in our club uses redwood for training boxes, and I
have used that as well. It will last longer than pine or fir. If you have
sealed your box with exterior varnish inside and out it should last for many
years.

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5-ish